Nevada COVID-19 Aging Network (Nevada CAN)
Nevada Rural RSVP is proud to be part of Nevada COVID-19 Aging Network.
Nevada CAN is a statewide initiative led by the Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division in an effort to support the needs of older adults during the COVID-19 pandemic. This resource aims to connect older adults with important supports and services, delivered through trusted government organizations and not-for-profits, to help ensure that older adults have the support they need to stay at home during this time.
Nevada CAN three priority areas:
- Delivery of essential items for daily living, including food, prescription medications, pet supplies, and medical supplies, to name a few – all delivered to an elder’s front door.
- Delivery of telehealth services, including geriatric assessment, psychiatry, primary care, social work and other clinical services.
- Social support. Through Nevada CAN, older adults can connect to free, online and telephone-based social support such as one-to-one check-in calls and small-group social activities that engage elders in a meaningful chat once a week for an hour. It’s a great way to build a network of mutual peer support.
- If you need assistance, complete the Elder Needs Survey, click here: https://www.nevada211.org/seniors-request-for-assistance/ or you can dial 211 for assistance in completing the Elder Needs Survey.
- The Nevada CAN website is available through Nevada 2-1-1, click here: https://www.nevada211.org/seniors-covid19-resources/